02.03 Willie Ray Starling
From Clan Stirling Wiki
Revision as of 02:00, 4 February 2011 by WikiSysopCSO (Created page with 'Clan Stirling Online! has just learned today of Willie Ray Starling's passing. ;Obiturary... :July 9, 1940-Dec. 5, 2010 :MOUNT OLIVE -- Willie Ray Starling, 70, 1523 Indian Sp…')
Clan Stirling Online! has just learned today of Willie Ray Starling's passing.
- July 9, 1940-Dec. 5, 2010
- MOUNT OLIVE -- Willie Ray Starling, 70, 1523 Indian Springs Road, after running a good race and keeping his eye on the prize before him, passed on at Wayne Memorial Hospital, ending his journey on this earth and going home to be with the Lord Sunday, Dec. 5.
- Services will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday, Dec. 8, at Tyndall Funeral Home, with the Rev. Richard Cuddington and the Rev. Pete Williams officiating. Burial will follow in Faison Cemetery in Faison with Masonic rites and military honors presented at the graveside.
- Visitation will be Tuesday, Dec. 7, from 6 to 8 p.m. at the funeral home. Visitors are also welcome at their home at other times.
- He had served in both the United States Air Force and the United States Navy, was a retired computer analyst with the U.S. government, was a member of Northeast Free Will Baptist Church, was a member of Mount Olive Masonic Lodge 208 A.F. & A.M., had been a grand officer in Germany with the Masons and was a past master of Fellowship Masonic Lodge in Florida.
- He is survived by his wife, Ann Jones Starling; his mother, Thelma King Starling Parrish of Goldsboro; a son, William Spencer Starling and wife, Kathryn Starling, of Mobile, Ala.; three daughters, Dale Starling McBay and husband, Marty McBay, of Nashville, Tenn., Darlene Starling Sanders and husband, William "Bucky" Sanders, of Richmond, Va., and Carla Starling Quigley and husband, Daniel Quigley, of Bryan, Texas; 11 grandchildren; four great-grandchildren; a brother, Ronnie Parrish and wife, Carolyn Parrish, of Greensboro; and a sister, Jackie Breeden and husband, Chip Breeden, of Charlotte.
- William Starling and Carl Parrish, his birth father and father respectively, preceded him in death.
- Willie Ray was widely known as Santa Claus, and by his 1950 Chevy UGLY TRUCK.
- Willie Ray never met a stranger, and lived his life serving his community. He spread love, laughter and the light of Jesus Christ everywhere he went.
- Willie Ray is saying now, "Just be that way."
God bless cousin Willie. We will miss you.